The Jeremy Krauss Approach for Children
Cette page n’a pas été encore traduite en français, c'est pourquoi certaines parties du texte apparaissent en anglais. Vous pouvez sélectionner une autre langue dans la partie supérieure droite de la page.
The Jeremy Krauss Approach for children, education based on the work of Dr. Feldenkrais
Jeremy Krauss, the founder and creator of The Jeremy Krauss Approach (JKA) will come to Madrid to present his work in during this 5 day course.
The Jeremy Krauss Approach (JKA) is a unique way of helping children with special needs to learn, grow and develop, based on the work of Dr. Feldenkrais.
The primary focus is on helping special needs children develop their potential and abilities – physically, mentally and emotionally.
Children are supported to learn, change and overcome developmental challenges of various kinds through a process of Progressive Developmental Abilities Formation.
The various developmental challenges and disorders that the Jeremy Krauss Approach works with include: cerebral palsy, spasticity due to accidents, childhood stroke, autism spectrum, genetic disorders, brachial plexus injury, scoliosis and various undiagnosed developmental delays and difficulties, and many other developmental disorders and challenges seen in children.
In this course, Jeremy will give a broad and clear presentation of all aspects of the JKA and his work. This will include explanations and demonstrations as well as the history and development of JKA.
This course will be both practical and theoretical. He will demonstrate with a variety of children as well as adults. There will be Sensory Active Movement (SAM) lessons as well as Developmental Hands On’ work.
Jeremy is a very generous and precise teacher and will show the unique and special aspects of what he has developed. His sincere interest is in spreading his work so it can be available to more children, families and professionals.
The course is open to all and any. The following groups might have special interest in this type of work:
- Physical therapists and all other professionals working in interdisciplinary fields related to movement and/ or child development of children with and without special needs.
- Feldenkrais Practitioners, osteopaths, naturopaths, occupational therapists, paediatric nurses and paediatric physical therapists, Bobath therapists, Child Space practitioners, Hanna Somatics, ABM, MBS, child educators, massage therapists and others.
- Children’s parents (of children with and without special needs).
- Students of professional Feldenkrais training programs
- Practitioners of other Feldenkrais based methods such as ABM, Child Space and Bones for life
- photo with child, mother and Jeremy Krauss – © Jeremy Krauss